Feng shui is about taking control of how our environment affects us. Different objects, arrangements of these objects and even colors make all the difference for receiving positive energy. This ancient Chinese practice has gained popularity in the West in recent decades, with many homeowners seeking out the wisdom of its teachings in order to create balance and harmony in their lives.
Why wait until it’s time to sell your home? With a few tips and tricks used by real-estate stagers, you can give your home fresh Chi energy and make it a more comfortable place to live, right now!
1. Create open spaces: Clear out excess furniture, getting rid of as much as you can. Taking on a minimalistic approach will serve you well.
2. Clear Clutter: Horizontal surfaces tend to become over cluttered with ‘stuff’. Clear off surfaces like kitchen and bathroom counter tops. If you have a home office, make sure to organize files and papers on your desk for increased productivity and clarity of mind.
3. Let there be light: Make sure every room has good lighting, day and night. Open blinds and curtains, clean your windows and let the sun shine in!
4. Interior updating: There’s a big difference between an old house and a classic home. Update furniture, appliances, paint and floors to follow the style of your home.
5. Add life and energy: Introduce flowers, plants and bowls of fresh fruits to your rooms!
Like Feng Shui, real-estate staging is all about creating a space that’s comfortable, uncluttered and easy to live in. Use its secrets to your advantage!